Minutes of the Unit 194 Executive Board
Present: Karl Hicks, Dan
Landry, John Tolson, Bill Halliday, Doug Hamilton, Bigin
Batman, Terry Shaw,
Call to Order 10:30
Regrets: Martin Pink, Marilyn Bennett
Announcements: Boyd Wells has moved, Bill Halliday has assumed the following positions: NAOP Coordinator, GNT Coordinator and STaC Coordinator, previously held by Boyd Wells.
Minutes from the last Executive meeting in Coldbrook on September 24, 2011 and the financial report as of September 2011 were circulated.
Motion: Bill Halliday moved that the minutes of September
24 2011, Coldbrook Executive Meeting as circulated be approved. Seconded by
Business rising from the Minutes:
1) Status of new computer – the purchase is being investigated, the new computer should be in place prior to the next tournament.
Financial report as of
September 2011 was presented by Bill Halliday. The financials were reviewed.
The accounts receivable includes the balance of the three year payment plan of
Motion: Bill Halliday moved that the financial report as of September 2011 as circulated be approved. Seconded by Bill Knoll. Motion Carried.
1) Quality of Playing Cards - Karl Hicks indicated that there have been a number of complaints about the quality of the cards at tournaments.
Motion: Bill Knoll moved that unit cards are to be replaced at least once a year and the unit will have an adequate supply of 144 decks on hand as spare. Seconded by Terry Shaw. Motion Carried.
2) Bridgemates - Discussion was held regarding the need for more bridgemates.
Motion: Bill Knoll moved that 12 new bridgemates be purchased. Seconded by Bilgin Batman. Discussion followed. Motion was amended. Bill Knoll moved that 25 bridgemates at a cost of $3,165 including case plus shipping and taxes be purchased. Seconded by Terry Shaw. Motion Carried.
3) Tournament Times - Karl Hicks reported
the Friday session of the
3) Dealing Machines - Discussion was held on whether dealing machines be should be purchased.
Motion: John Tolson moved that a dealing machine not be purchased. Seconded by Kerry Hicks. Motion carried. Doug Hamilton and Dan Landry opposed.
4) Correspondence – A letter
5) Executive Compensation – Discussion was held regarding compensation for the positions of Treasurer and Secretary as these positions have been separated. The previous compensation for the Secretary Treasurer was $750.00 plus free entries in all Unit 194 tournaments.
Motion: Bill Knoll moved that the compensation be changed to Secretary $500 and Treasurer $600 with no free plays. Seconded by Dan Landry. Further discussion followed. The motion was amended as follows:
Motion: Bill Knoll moved that the compensation be changed to Secretary $500 and Treasurer $750 with no free plays. Seconded by Bilgin Batman. Motion carried.
Bill Halliday moved that the meeting be closed at 11:15 am with the next meeting scheduled for 11:00 am on February 4, 2012 at the Joe Currie Memorial Tournament, Halifax.
Unit 194, Secretary